Admissions - RVWS
1. The very first step is to plan a visit to River Valley Waldorf School for one of our enrollment events. Open Houses, Observation Mornings and other events are scheduled throughout the school year. Unless otherwise stated, these events are generally for adults only. Please see the Calendar of Events and call the Admissions Office at 610-982-5606 or email email@example.com for more information. Individual tours are available if it is not feasible for you to attend one of the scheduled events. While the majority of students enroll during the late winter into the spring for the following September, River Valley Waldorf School has a rolling admissions policy and we accept students throughout the year when space is available.
2. You will receive an application when you attend one of our enrollment events, or visit the school for a tour. Along with the application you will receive a Teacher Reference Form and a Request for Records Form. Once you have made your decision to apply for admission, please complete and return your application to the Admissions Office with the application fee. Have your child’s current teacher complete the Teacher Reference Form and ask them to return it directly to River Valley Waldorf School. At the same time, please submit the Request for Records Form to the registrar at your child’s school.
3. We will call you to let you know when we receive the completed application, non-refundable $40 application fee, Teacher Reference Form, and student records. Once all documents have been received, you will receive a call from one of our teachers to schedule your child’s class visit and parent meeting. These class visits allow thorough impressions to be formed both by the student and the teachers.
Nursery students generally do not have a class visit unless they are enrolling mid-year, but rather the teacher meets with the parents for an interview and meets the child at that time.
Kindergarten students visit for 1-3 consecutive days. 1st grade candidates who apply in the spring will visit a kindergarten class with their cohorts, rather than the current 1st grade.
Grade school students (including mid-year applicants to the 1st grade class) visit for 3-5 consecutive days.
4. Once a decision has been reached, the Admissions Office will contact you to let you know, generally within a week of the application visit and parent meeting. We will send out an acceptance packet and contract at this time.
5. Return of enrollment contract and payment of commitment deposit & fees will secure your child’s place.River Valley Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnic background, or national origin in admission of students, in financial aid grants, or in any program offered.