Support - Donate
Pennsylvania EITC Program
The EITC program enables businesses in Pennsylvania to redirect their state income tax dollars to River Valley Waldorf School to provide much needed tuition assistance funds for lower- to middle-income families.
Win-Win-Win-Win: State, Businesses, Schools, and Children
The Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program gets the business community more involved in education by enabling them to support local independent schools and the families they serve at minimal cost, instead of sending their tax dollars to Harrisburg.
Since its inception in 2001, over 3,600 companies have taken advantage of the EITC program to redirect an excess of $350 million dollars of their state income tax from the hallways of Harrisburg to school hallways.
"It's probably too complicated and I probably don't qualify"
The truth is, it is extremely simple and most PA businesses owing PA state income tax can participate. River Valley has several businesses that donate through this program every year, now that their accountants understand how easy it is.
“The booklet makes it look complicated but it’s one page and it took me less than 5 minutes – and I’m no accountant!”
- Sharon Yerkes, EITC Participant and Local Business Owner
Does Your Business Qualify? Probably!
C-corporations, subchapter S-corporations and other “pass-through” business entities that pay personal income tax on PA business income can now fully participate in the program. In addition, any business filing one of the following taxes can participate:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock & Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
Sign Me Up! 3 Simple Steps:
- Send the State the very brief, one-page [application] (LINK TO DOWNLOAD PDF) with tax liability input from your accountant. The State will send you an approval letter.
- Make your donation.
- Forward your donation receipt to the State and they will apply the tax credits.
We can help you every step of the way!
Contact Renell Carpenter, RVWS Tax Credit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-997-0650.
River Valley thanks the following businesses for their financial support through the EITC Program:
- Arc Media, Inc.
- Fraser Advanced Information Systems
- Paul Warchol Photography
- Philip Rosenau Co., Inc.
- Rakowsky Family Dentistry
- Toys, Etc., LLC
Visit the REACH Foundation
for additional program details.